What Is Antimicrobial Technology?
Antimicrobial: adjective | an·ti·mi·cro·bi·al | ˌan-ti-mī-ˈkrō-bē-əl - Destroying or inhibiting the growth of microorganisms and especially pathogenic microorganisms.
Antimicrobial technology can be defined as a substance that works to destroy or inhibit the growth and reproduction of bacteria, mold and mildew.
Unlike disinfectants, which provide a limited residual activity, integrated antimicrobial technology works to continuously reduce the number of microbes on a treated product throughout its expected lifecycle.
What Is an Antimicrobial Additive?
An antimicrobial additive is a substance that contains an appropriately registered antimicrobial agent.
Integrated at the stage of manufacture, an antimicrobial additive will provide around-the-clock product protection from the growth of microbes including bacteria, fungi and algae.
What Are the Active Ingredients in Antimicrobial Technology?
Antimicrobial technology typically contains one of three inorganic active ingredients:
- Zinc antimicrobials
- Copper antimicrobials
- Sodium antimicrobials
What Are the Benefits of Equipping a Product with an Antimicrobial Additive?
- Antimicrobial Additives for Manufacturers: Antimicrobial additives help manufactures gain a distinct advantage over their competitors.
- Antimicrobial Additives for Consumers: By purchasing products that are equipped with an antimicrobial additive, consumers are benefiting in a number of ways. The antimicrobial protection infused into the product helps prevent the proliferation of product-damaging microbes that may otherwise shorten its lifespan. Stain and odor-causing microbes are also reduced, helping to keep the product fresher and cleaner in-between cleanings. Importantly, the antimicrobial additive technology does not wash off or wear away, and will continually inhibit potentially harmful microbes that make contact with the surface of the product. This offers added peace of mind when it's needed most.
- Some special features of our Biocide:
- Eco-friendly Biocide
- Effective against Bacteria, Fungus, Yeast, Mold. Anti-Viral.
- No labelling required as per EUH 208
- Zero VOC Formulation
- Do not contain heavy metals
- CMIT, MIT Free, formaldehyde free
- Paint & coatings
- Metal working fluids
- Plastic products
- Pigment emulsions
- Water treatment
- Adhesives and many more